State-of-the-art joint sealing video
Joint sealing consists of many phases, and all of them need to be done in a right way and with suitable materials.
The phases of renew joint sealing are as follows:
(if building is new start phase 2.)
- Taking off all the broken old sealant and the backer rod.
- Grinding the gripping surfaces of sealants.
- Cleaning the gripping surfaces of sealants
- Insulation and ventilation space check behind the backer rod. Adding or removing the insulation if necessary. Insulation and ventilation are both needed.
- Installing water-resistant backer rod with suitable size in the right depth.
- Installing the suitable primer to the gripping surfaces of the joint.
- Installing ventilation tubes or boxes according to the working plan.
- Installing the suitable sealant in the right depth.
- Levelling the sealant with a suitable tool.